Do you want to understand the benefits of science communication and expand your practical skills?
Communicating research is a key competence for a career in academia - and it is a transferable skill for academia-adjacent roles.
Here are some upcoming opportunities:
- The yearly Pint of Science Festival brings research and science to the local pubs, is seeking volunteers for 2024
- Doctoral Academy Day on Nov 23: Making a Difference? - Communicating Scientific Research in Challenging Times
- High Noon on science didactics on Dec 13: Discover your freak (uni-graz.at)
- Workshop with Helmut Jungwirth by Habilforum Fachdidaktik on Jan 25: Wissenschaftskommunikation: Was? Wozu? Wie?
- PostDoc Office expert talk on Feb 5, 2024: Public Engagement for PostDocs: How to get into it and why you should do it
- Science Ambassadors volunteer to visit schools, where they talk about their research field and professional career. You can participate in customized trainings in Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck as well as online via Zoom, which prepare you for school outreach.
Get oriented on the basics using toolkits and online portals:
- Guidelines for good science PR
- Collection of practical guidelines on various aspects of science communication
- AAAS Force For Science Toolkit: Science Communication and Public Engagement Fundamentals from the AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF SCIENCE
NAWIK: 1×1 der Wissenschaftskommunikation: free information offer for researchers for an introduction to the topic of science communication
Read on at our info page: how to communicate my research results and engage the public? - Information and Service for PostDocs (uni-graz.at)